Auto Accident and Whiplash Injury Rehabilitation with Rebound Physical Therapy
Each year, two million Americans suffer from whiplash associated disorders (WAD) secondary to motor vehicle accidents.
Recent evidence has shown that physical therapy may be the best choice to decrease pain, improve motion, and decrease cost in relation to whiplash associated disorders. Furthermore, treatments with physical therapy were less expensive and demonstrated less long-term disability.
What Should I Do After Being in an Auto Accident?
- File a claim with your insurance company.
- See your doctor and obtain a prescription for physical therapy.
- If you don’t have a family doctor we can see you under Direct Access as a physical therapy patient. Some restrictions may apply.
- Choose one of the 10 Rebound Physical Therapy locations and schedule your evaluation with a physical therapist.
- Nervous about treatment? Call for a FREE phone consultation with a
*Free consultation not applicable to patients in federal or state funded programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid.
* Screenings are consultations and do not involve a physical therapy evaluation or treatment.
Abnormal stresses sustained by the body during a car accident may cause the following symptoms:
- Neck Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip Pain
- Lower Extremity Pain
Our Rebound Physical Therapy Whiplash Program Provides 3 Main Steps of Care
Protect/ Heal/ Educate
- Rest / Educate
- Pain Control
Restore Mobility / Stability
- Gentle Movement
- Graded Tissue Loading
- Initial Strength
Restore All Aspects of Function
- Advanced Strength